Are you a busy mom craving more simplicity in your life? Do you wish you had more time with your kids to create memories while teaching them life skills? Would you like to start gardening & homesteading to become more self-sufficient but you don’t even know where to start? How would you like to learn simple ways to store and preserve your food? If you are ready to take control of your life and save money all while keeping things simple, then you are in the right place! In this podcast, you will learn simple natural home hacks, beginning gardening and homesteading skills to create a more meaningful and fulfilling life. If you are ready to take back your time to what really matters most, you are going to want to listen to this podcast! Hey Friend! I am Monica H Baker! I am a Jesus lover, wife, mom of 5 kids, grandma, & nurse!! Many years ago, I was working full-time with young kids at the time and I heard something that CHANGED MY LIFE! I heard that if you compare your values and your time, you would have a clear picture of what is NOT working in your life! I realized that if I was going to put God and family first, I had to stop spending all my time at work. I had to create a plan in order to step into more balance. Together with God and my husband, I created a simplified life plan that allowed me to get out of debt, scale back my career, and still be able to live fruitfully with more purpose and time than ever before and I never looked back! My mission is to help moms simplify, explore sustainable living, begin your homesteading or gardening journey, reduce expenses and live with less stress and more peace! Website: Claimingsimplicity.com Join our Community of Christian Moms https://www.facebook.com/groups/claimingsimplicity/ Email -＞ firstname.lastname@example.org Instagram -＞ https://www.instagram.com/claimingsimplicity/
Monday Oct 16, 2023
Monday Oct 16, 2023
Homesteading can be a fulfilling lifestyle, but it can also be challenging to make a living solely through homesteading activities. However, there are several ways to generate income while homesteading:
- Sell your produce: Homesteaders can grow a variety of crops, fruits, and vegetables to sell at farmer's markets, local stores, or online marketplaces. You can also consider starting a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program, where customers can purchase a share of your harvest at the beginning of the season and receive a weekly box of fresh produce. You can sell eggs and sourdough, but those are things you would have to sell alot of to make a living, but a great way to bring in extra income!
- Raise livestock: You can raise animals such as chickens, cows, pigs, goats or sheep to sell their meat, milk, eggs, or fiber. You can also breed and sell livestock, or offer services like pet boarding, training, or shearing.
- You can create value-added products such as cheese, butter, jam, honey, soap, or candles using your harvest or livestock. These products have a higher profit margin and can be sold online or at craft fairs.
- You can host workshops, tours, or retreats on your homestead to teach people about homesteading skills, farming practices, or sustainable living. You can also offer lodging, camping, or glamping options for visitors.
- You can offer your skills and expertise as a freelance writer, photographer, web designer, or consultant to other homesteaders or businesses in your niche.
- If your homestead doesn't generate enough income, you can work with a company until you are making enough on your own or you can sell products from a company you use and align with your values. This is how I was able to transition from nursing. Growing a business while working full time lets you transition out of a job as you replace that income
It's essential to assess your skills, resources, and market demand before starting a homesteading business. You may need to obtain licenses, permits, or certifications depending on your business type and location. You should also develop a marketing plan, set realistic goals, and manage your finances carefully.Love you friend!
Join our Community of Christian Moms ->
Email -> email@example.com
Instagram -> https://www.instagram.com/claimingsimplicity/
DIY Cleaners ->https://claiming-simplicity.ck.page/best-diy-cleaners